Be the Change You Seek in our Schools A Dialogue with Dennis Sparks Our guest is Dennis Sparks. Dennis comes to this dialogue as a former high school teacher, director of an alternative high school, director of a teacher center, author, consultant, and the former Executive Director of Learning Forward. Most recently Dennis has been working as a “thinking partner” with districts on leadership development. He also writes a weekly blog. Without Leadership, it is difficult to establish the other […]
Sticky Standards: Professional learning that sticks
with Dayna Richardson
The purpose and focus of Sticky Standards: Professional Learning that Sticks, is PROFESSIONAL LEARNING. These podcasts focus on the Professional Learning standards that have been adopted by Learning Forward.
As learners, listeners will gain a deeper understanding of the Professional Learning Standards and make connections with any initiative/upcoming change within their team, building, district, and/or state.
- Learning starts with sticky fingers and sand in our socks.
- People learn in a community of practice.
- Change is a process, not an event.
- Change happens the moment we ask the right question.
- At our school, it is EVERYONE’s job to learn!
- Learning = Change. Change = Learning.
- Change happens one conversation at a time.
- Professional Learning is the SOLUTION!
Join us as we explore the Professional Learning standards that make learning STICK!