Superintendent USD 333
Beverly Mortimer was an elementary teacher and junior high science teacher from January 1982 until May of 1998 at Minneapolis/Delphos.
In 1998 Mortimer became building principal in USD 333 and in 2003 she became USD 333’s Superintendent.
A few of Beverly’s accomplishments:
- Christa McAuliffe Fellow – developed a river project, Presidential Science Teaching Award and Friend of Fulbright Award to travel to Japan.
- M. Claradine Johnson Award-AdvancED, Excellence in Education Award
- KSSA Board of Directors-Member
- KS/MO Board of Directors-Member
- National Superintendents Roundtable-Member (traveled with group to China for educational study tour; and have presented to the group on Career & Tech Ed./Innovative Districts in Seattle last fall)
- Board Member for JAG-Kansas
- Vice Chair for Coalition of Innovative Districts
- Recent member of the K-12 Student Performance & Efficiency Commission
- Coordinator of NCK Honor Flight-transporting WW II Veterans to Washington DC-officially a student activity (students help raise money for Veterans to travel free & accompany the Veterans on the trip)
In this episode Bill gets Bev’s insight view of what is happening in this year’s Coalition of Innovative School Districts.
Bill Hagerman can be contacted at:
Please subscribe to receive notification of published podcasts.