Tamara and Tammy talk about the draining effects of catabolic energy. They also remind us that everyone experiences catabolic energy.
Some Characteristics of Level 1 Energy:
- Low energy
- Lack of commitment
- Avoid decisions
- Not confident
- Have a pity party for self
Some Characteristics of Level 2 Energy:
- Do not trust others
- Suppress the creativity of those around them
- Argumentative – look to blame others
- Make decisions – with the attitude of “My way is the right way.”
- Confident to a fault
- Focus on self
- Things happen – but not sustainable
What triggers catabolic energy for you? When do you experience it?
It is empowering to release catabolic energy and take responsibility for your responses. One thing to remember is that a person can not take ownership of others’ reactions and emotions. One can only take responsibility of their own and can influence others with thoughts, words and actions – and showing up anabolically.
Everyone experiences catabolic energy. Do not beat yourself up over it. Instead consider these three things:
- Awareness – What am I experiencing and what triggered it?
- Is the emotion or response is holding me back or moving me forward?
- What action will I choose to take?
“You are tearing down or building up in everything you do, are you on the construction team or are you on the wreaking crew?”
Be sure to subscribe to receive an email of future podcasts.