“Everything is either an opportunity to learn and grow or an obstacle that keeps you stuck. You get to choose.” by Positive Thoughts.
What is your definition of success and failure? Seeing things as opportunities instead of obstacles can help us redefine the value of failure. Right now in education, we are hearing that we have a ton of challenges, obstacles, and barriers. How do we help educators see these as opportunities?
- Become aware of the lens you are seeing the situation.
- Once aware of the perspective, choose to respond instead of react.
- Allow the ego to get out of the way.
- Look at what is influencing the perspective that holds you back from attaining goals, seeing everything as an opportunity.
- As yourself why you are labeling the situation as bad or a challenge?
In our world today, we tend to look through the lens of conflict. Almost every news article or report has to do with conflict.
Ask yourself three questions if you are sensing conflict or frustration :
1) Are you allowing your ego to get in the way?
2) Are you making an assumption about the circumstance?
3) What emotion are you feeling and why?
The power of choice is amazing. We have complete control of how we choose to see the world and respond!
Listen to this episode to learn more about ways to see possibilities and opportunities. Reflect on what might be holding you back or limiting you from reaching your fullest potential.