Inclusion is such a powerful support system when implemented strategically and purposefully. The final inclusion level to examine is Level 4. This is really a class within a class model.
Here are a few tips:
- Student objectives are related to general content but are not on the same instructional level.
- Curriculum is determined by the Special Ed. teacher
- Intent is to support social skills and model grade appropriate skill with age appropriate peers
- Paraprofessional support is directly related to the student. The goal is still to fade support toward more independence
- Para professional collects data and communicates frequently with the special ed teacher
- Grading scale is related to the student’s objectives
- Student qualifies to take the KAMM or alternate assessment
- Para professional ensures that all accommodations are carried out
- Primary focus is the tailored curriculum
- Graphic organizers
- Students track own data
Links to Resources: